A Sound Operator is assigned the following duties and responsibilities:
• Checks levels of each mic before rehearsal and show.
• Monitors levels of the Guest/Anchor in the studio.
• Sets the appropriate source under the commands of the director.
• Troubleshoots any problems with the audio system in an efficient manner.
• Ensures all audio sources are tracked at appropriate levels as needed during the show, the sound operator also follows the rundown and teleprompter.
• Collects and returns all audio equipment efficiently
• Test studio equipment prior to handling project work and ensure it is in sound working condition
• Control and regulate volume level and clarity of sound during broadcast
• Other related duties as assigned