Duties and Responsibilities
A VTR Operator is assigned the following duties and responsibilities:
· Records the program. Cues and prepares video inserts into a program.
· Is responsible for making sure the right video is ready for playback at any moment during the newscast.
· Makes sure the show records to tape correctly onto the master record tape and onto the server.
· Starts and stops the VTR on the director’s command.
· Monitors video and audio levels and verifies the actual recording on the VTR.
· Keeps track of time Labels tapes and tape cases prior to the shoot.
· Selects the source from which the program will be recorded, and selects the videotaping equipment on which it will be recorded.