Duties and Responsibilities
A Character Generator Operator is assigned the following duties and responsibilities:
• Verifies the accuracy of the spelling of the host’s, guest’s and crew’s names and their professional titles.
• Keeps a written list of which information appears on each CG page.
• Prepares still graphics for playback and plays them back for air at the correct time during the broadcast.
• Is responsible for acquiring the graphics for that day’s broadcast and loading them into the system.
• During the broadcast, the CG operator is stationed in the control room, calling up the correct graphics, according to the rundown.
• Some graphics need to be advanced on-line, so it is crucial that the CG operator listen to the Director in addition to following the rundown.
• Other related tasks as assigned.